Lead Animator (f/m/d)
We are looking for a talented and experienced Lead Animator who loves working in interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced and creative environment to come join our team and develop amazing games with us!
- Lead the creation of engaging and believable in-game animations, working closely together with animation dept. and other disciplines of the team
- Communicate goals and values to the team and ensure the team’s work is pulling in the correct direction.
- Work closely with art direction and creative direction to ensure a high quality of animation that supports the vision of the game.
- Provide feedback for animators and ensure the animation vision is consistent across different features.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical production issues
- Quickly master in-house tools and drive improvements
- Oversee the maintenance of animations after they are implemented, taking strong responsibility for the final result of a feature.
- Work closely with other disciplines in small interdisciplinary teams in order to achieve features that are more than the sum of their parts
- Estimate high level goals and provide solutions to high level problems in planning, ensure team members have clear goals and know the deadlines and technical restrictions.
- Play a significant role in review cycles, both in providing feedback for coworkers and improving based on feedback from team members
- Motivate, mentor and spread knowledge to other team members, animation dept. in particular.
- Understand the game, its artistic vision and its gameplay and make sure all animations support that.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game production
- Strong Maya knowledge
- Strong knowledge of gameplay animation and its surrounding systems
- Strong leadership skills, experience with a management role
- Ability to create and develop productive teams
- Very strong key frame animation skills
- Experience with any game engine, preferably Unreal Engine
- Experience with motion capture
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, delegate and make adjustments of scope to meet deadlines and to excel under production conditions
- Excellent communication skills across multiple disciplines; ability to give direction in order to achieve great results, and to work collaboratively
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge sharing attitude and ability to coach less experienced people
- Passionate about video games
- Professional experience with 1st person animation
- Professional experience with creature animation
- Good knowledge of the Unreal Engine, Animation Blueprints in particular
- Experience with animation trees and state machines in general
- Knowledge in Motion Builder
- Basic rigging and skinning knowledge
- Basic scripting and/or programming knowledge
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, monthly company events, fitness Club membership, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, Summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, we are looking forward to get to know you!