Junior Software Project Manager*
Karlsruhe | full-time | from now
We are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany. Would you like to work in a team of project managers sharing a passion for gaming? We are managing all software projects for our games and internal applications.
As Project Manager, you assume ownership of software projects assigned to you including planning, execution, controlling and finishing.
Please submit your application in English
- You coordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of assigned projects in time and budget over the full lifecycle from “Concept” to “Release”
- You gather requirements for work effort from project stakeholders alongside technical feasibility and create a schedule during the planning phase
- You track progress and communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers throughout the whole production process
- You also capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes, if applicable
- You assist with planning for follow-on projects, facilitate reviews between stakeholders and team members and document any learnings in the post-production phase to improve best practices for the department and company
- You have gathered a minimum of 2 years of experience in the games industry – ideally in a production role
- You know software development processes and are able to capture and manage technical requirements and dependencies across multiple development teams
- You have practical experience in using Jira and Confluence
- You have outstanding skills in the areas of communication, relationship-building and problem-solving
- You have a passion for online games
- You understand how to prioritise and can easily structure your working day
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 25 nations are part of our team
- When it comes to food, we’ve got you covered. Free breakfast and a selection of lunches every day. Plus Thursday is cake day (no lie!)
- Family is number one! Flexible working hours, a parent/child working room and more
- Every single one of us here bears responsibility! For our mistakes too, we live a culture of error tolerance
Founded in 2002, Gameforge is a leading publisher and operator of highly acclaimed Massively
Multiplayer Online (MMO) and browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds active, enduring global communities while supporting players through the highest quality LiveOps, localized community management, and impactful delivery of fresh content.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles AION, TERA, Kingdom Under Fire 2, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword, NosTale, and SoulWorker, along with strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ultimate Pirates.
More information is available on gameforge.com.