SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (m/f/d) - 3487694
The Office IT at Bigpoint represents a service focusing on supporting our internal employees. The main purpose is to make sure needed technology is available and easy to use. We are also a bridge to other internal departments like the supply management as well as external service partners.
One task of the Associate Administrator is providing a fast and satisfying 1st level support to Bigpoint’s employees together with Junior Administrators.
As a secondary objective, he/she fully engages in server administration and projects as provided by Team Lead and Senior Administrators.
- Support employees with any matters concerning the office's IT equipment (client hardware, installed software, meeting room technology)
- Operate office server rooms (rack in new servers, remove old HW professionally, label devices, backup configurations, configure switches or VPN devices)
- Automate recurring tasks where appropriate with scripting in powershell or bash (e.g. backup of config data into git, create monitoring extensions, copy files)
- Support Software License Management
- Server Administration in general (order/ setup/ update/ migrate/ document)
1 - Communication services: Mobile Phone Management, Asterisk Phone system, E-Mail with Exchange and Office 365, VPN with MFA
2 - Business Applications: Active Directory, Filesharing solutions, Billing systems, Banking SW, SAP (with partners)
3 - Misc: VMWare/HyperV, Storage systems, Certificate Authority, DHCP, DNS, Azure Sync, Antivirus, SQL, SCCM deployment system, Printing, Camera system...
The required qualifications/experience are:
- Professional education in IT Business is required
- 3-5 years experience as an IT System Administrator for Server and Client Technology
- Fluent in written and spoken English
The key skills (functional/technical) are:
- Advanced knowledge about administrating common office technologies (Windows Client Management, Windows Server Roles, Active Directory, Backup, Monitoring, Virtual Machines)
- Conceptual knowledge of network infrastructures with routers, switches, VLANs and IP subnets
- Ability to hands-on exchange HW components in workstations, set up workplaces and work with server HW in the server rooms
The attitude and behavior to be successful in this role are:
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- You are a team-player and you like to share knowledge
- Self-motivation to find solutions and read into documentation
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Professional attitude and work habits
- Ability to learn new content areas and new skills quickly and well required