Junior Software Developer*
Karlsruhe | full-time | from nowWe are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany. The Development Services department expands our browser games and integrates new games into our portfolio. Our tasks cover a lot of different topics, ranging from third-level support and game client updates to full-fledged feature implementations. Are you passionate about gaming and would you like to help us develop and run our games? Within our team you will take an active part in that and you will push the improvement of our games.
- You design, implement, and document new features in our games
- You join forces with other departments to clarify requirements and ensure a smooth deployment
- You support our team in daily business tasks like preparing client updates of our MMOs
- You help our QA to track down and fix bugs
- You enable our support to resolved players' issues
- You have good knowledge of modern PHP
- You are proficient in MySQL and MSSQL
- You are experienced in writing documentation of processes and procedures
- You enjoy sharing information with others and find it easy to explain things in detail
- You like working in a team and want to bring you and your abilities to the fore
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 25 nations are part of our team
- When it comes to food, we’ve got you covered. Free breakfast and a selection of lunches every day. Plus Thursday is cake day (no lie!)
- Where colleagues become friends! Regular team events and an open company culture
- Enthusiasm is in our DNA! Each and every one of us shares a passion for play
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its online games in more than 75 countries. The portfolio encompasses numerous well-known game industry brands, including prized role-playing games Runes of Magic, AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe’s most successful MMO, Metin2. The action anime MMORPG SoulWorker adds to the wide-ranging collection, while popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/.
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.