Senior Java Developer (m/f/d)
We are looking for a skilled and experienced engineer who will join our Java team in a senior role.
The ideal candidates will be flexible, enthusiastic, and innovative with a very strong background in web/e-commerce applications with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Design, develop, and maintain web-based platforms and applications both for internal and for commercial use
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of web architecture, object-oriented software design and implementation
- Effectively communicate with business and product owners to gather software requirements
- Work in close collaboration with team members of IT Engineering and Ops within an agile environment and contribute to every single step of the software development process
- Implement clean working software that is both readable and maintainable
- Work in close collaboration with the IT Engineering leadership to support any major technology decisions
- Contribute to innovation and follow lean development practices in every project
- Share your knowledge and experience with other members of the team
- Unification of our e-commerce platforms, application of microservice and public cloud best practices
- Further development and maintenance of our e-commerce platform, the account system, the connection of game servers and payment providers
- Responsibility for the implementation of strategic projects to optimize our e-commerce platform
- Promotion of successful implementation practices, designs, standards, code testing, code reviews, etc.
- At least 5 years with the programming language Java, mainly in the backend area
- Experience with Application Management
- Practical experience with Spring, Hibernate, Struts, SQL, MSSQL and Tomcat as well as web services (SOAP, REST) and JMS
- Experience in handling version control systems (GIT) and interest in continuous integration and delivery
- Basic knowledge of Docker and ideally Kubernetes is required.
- GCP experience is nice to have.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Solution orientation and strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
What we offer:
- A casual, fun and energetic work environment in a fast-growing company in the very heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg)
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A very international team of fun and passionate colleagues
- Free fruits, coffee and water
- Regular company parties and German lessons