Senior Level Designer (m/f/d)
Kalypso Media is looking for a Senior Level Designer (m/f/d) to support our new project based on the Commandos franchise.
Claymore Game Studios, the latest studio of the Kalypso Media Group, is located in Darmstadt, close to the Frankfurt-Rhine-Main area.
You’ll be working on the next installment of the successful Commandos game franchise for PC and the next generation of consoles. We are looking for passionate developers to join our core team and actively define the future of one of the most iconic series in tactical strategy gaming.
Apply for the unique opportunity to become part of this long-awaited successor and help define the future of the acclaimed Commandos franchise.
- High degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Flat hierarchies
- Room for personal growth and development
- A highly talented, passionate and dynamic team
- 5+ years of experience in level design, ideally within the strategy genre
- At least two released games on PC and/or console
- Excellent level and mission design skills based on the use of different level editors, preferably in Unreal Engine
- Experience of how to concept, adapt and polish in-game levels based on the overall vision
- High quality approach to game flow, diversified game flows as well as an outstanding gameplay experience and the ability to transfer this to other team members with less experience
- Passion for games and game development
- Proactive, team player mindset with excellent communication skills and hands-on mentality
- Goal-oriented way of working
- A high degree of initiative and reliability
- Work in collaboration with the Art and Technology Departments to transform your requirements into realizable gameplay-features
- Use the Unreal Engine to create levels within the creative vision, implement the Gameplay and balance it
- Incorporate your ideas and your experience into the design process and into the implementation of the levels
- Be open to optimize your workflow and to question your work
- Take responsibility for reaching the desired quality for the levels which you create
- Support other Level Designers and set an example for them
Are you interested in this job opportunity?
Please send your CV and application via e-mail
Attn: Mr. Jürgen Reusswig