Senior C++ Developer*
Karlsruhe | full-time | from now
We are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. We develop and support our free-to-play online games, develop our games platform and integrate new games into that platform. We are looking for a Senior C++ Developer* responsible for building and maintaining the Gameforge Client and its accompanying applications and services. Our main environment revolves around Qt and the Windows API. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
Please submit your application in English
- You develop and maintain our Gameforge client as well as our Windows services
- You ensure the correctness, stability and the proper functioning of Gameforge applications
- You work alongside other team members of different tech stack skills
- You have a lot of experience in C++ development under Windows and the Windows API
- You have good understanding and practical experience of modern C++ (C++11 and later)
- You are familiar with open-source developer tools such as gcc, autoconf, automake
- You have worked with various library APIs like libc, openssl and so on
- You have good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- You enjoy sharing information with others and find it easy to explain things in detail
- You enjoy working in a team and would like to contribute your skills
- You keep a cool head and can easily adjust to changing situations and modify existing processes
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 25 nations are part of our team
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee working for us from home, you will enjoy a structured digital onboarding program and your equipment will be sent directly to your door
- Enthusiasm is in our DNA! Each and every one of us shares a passion for play
Founded in 2002, Gameforge is a leading publisher and operator of highly acclaimed Massively
Multiplayer Online (MMO) and browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds active, enduring global communities while supporting players through the highest quality LiveOps, localized community management, and impactful delivery of fresh content.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles AION, TERA, Kingdom Under Fire 2, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword, NosTale, and SoulWorker, along with strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ultimate Pirates.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/.
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.