Team Lead* Systems Administration Linux
Karlsruhe | full-time | from now
We are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany. Are you interested in running games and services in data centers and cloud environments all around the world? You will be responsible for the technical and supervisory management of a team of system administrators and will provide technical guidance as well as technical development for your team.
- You ensure best practices, guidelines and documentation for your area of responsibility
- You collaborate with internal interfaces to execute project goals
- You communicate with stakeholders to help ensure our environment is ready for tomorrows challenges
- You schedule and participate in training to increase system administrator knowledge and skill set
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the administration of Linux-based server systems
- You are proficient in at least one scripting language (e.g. Perl, Bash, Python) and have experience with Ansible
- You have experience designing and implementing highly scalable and redundant production environments
- You are an excellent troubleshooter with extensive problem solving skills
- You know how to promote an effective feedback culture within your team
- You have a flair for communication appropriate for the target group and promote an open exchange within your team
- You manage several complex projects in parallel, even under extreme time pressure
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 25 nations are part of our team
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee working for us from home, you will enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and your equipment will be sent directly to your door
- We support your personal and professional development! Language courses, teambuilding activities, seminars and more
- Family is number one! Flexible working hours, a parent/child working room and more.
- We put our complete trust in you! Through freedom to choose things like flexible assignment of working hours and personal responsibility for your own work
Founded in 2002, Gameforge is a leading publisher and operator of highly acclaimed Massively
Multiplayer Online (MMO) and browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds active, enduring global communities while supporting players through the highest quality LiveOps, localized community management, and impactful delivery of fresh content.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles AION, TERA, Kingdom Under Fire 2, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword, NosTale, and SoulWorker, along with strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ultimate Pirates.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/.
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.