Lead Environment Artist (f/m/d)
As Lead Environment Artist for YAGER’s current project The Cycle, you are someone who loves creating beautiful environments and cares deeply about gameplay ability. Your primary duties, under the direction of the Art Director and Lead Artist are in leading the creation of the environments in our world. In collaboration with Technical Artists and Production, you will assure that assets are beautiful as well as technically feasible, while fitting into timeframe budgets.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Lead a team of artists in the creation of breathtaking stylized 3D environments
- Mentor and coach your team in improving soft and hard skills and take active part in the asset creation process
- Ensure output of the team meets technical, artistic, and scheduling goal
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction
- Document pipelines and processes to make success reproducible
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure environments are built to support gameplay as well as with producers to prioritize and plan work for the team and outsourcing partners
- Take part in the hiring process of new artist
- 5+ years of experience in professional game development as an artist
- Having shipped at least one project in an artistic leadership role
- Deep experience with asset creation tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership, team, and people management skills
- Ability to take and apply direction and work well in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passion for videogames
- Extensive experience and understanding of the Unreal Engine (materials, blueprints etc.)
- Great understanding of stylization in all aspects of the artistic process
- Expert understanding of real-time rendering technology and art pipelines that take full advantage of what is possible to achieve state of the art results
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, monthly company events, fitness Club membership, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, Summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, we are looking forward to get to know you!
Join our Team!