The Elysium Game Studio is an innovative and growing game studio, that develops next-gen games for PS5, Xbox Series X and PC. The highest quality is a part of our gaming culture. Our studio was founded in 2019, with the focus on high quality narrative and emotional storytelling.
Now we are looking for a new member, an Character Artist to join our new Berlin Game Studio from the beginning of March 2021 or maybe earlier.
This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience and creating something cool in Blade Runner style.
For your application its necessary to send us additional samples or a link to your portfolio.
- Creating in-game characters from scratch following the game director and concept artist direction by keeping in mind and following the technical requirements to implement in Unreal Engine 4 / 5.
- Creating textures (diffuse, normal map, specular, bump) needed to display a photorealistic human/cyborg in game.
- Working closely with the Game Director.
- A good eye for character design, detail and realism.
- Hard surface modelling and high polygon sculpting.
- Ability to derive a well-structured low-poly model from the high poly model.
- Efficient UV layout for low-poly characters.
- Good understanding of human anatomy and representing anatomy in topology.
- Ability to create believable photorealistic humans and cyborgs within Unreal Engine 4.
- Strong knowledge of human body structure.
- Ability to create game ready assets that work well within the given technical limitations.
- Strong knowledge of a 3D modelling software (3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush or other recognized tool)
- Has a strong knowledge of current texturing pipelines (Substance, Quixel and Photoshop).
- Ability to creatively translate concepts, ideas into authentic characters with an attention to detail.
- Deep passion for games.
- Team player and self-driven.
Nice to Have:
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Working as a professional Character Artist.
- Experience with game engines (such as UE 4).
- Experience with rigging, skinning or animation.
- Game or Film Industry experience is preferred.
What we offer:
- Bonus payments and also Profit-sharing from the success of the game.
- The chance to be a part of a new video game for the next-gen consoles PS5, Xbox Series X and PC.
- The opportunity to be a part of an innovative and growing start-up in video game development.
- Creative freedom.
- Attractive working environment in Berlin, Germany.
- Open company culture.
- Help to find an apartment and many more!
You got the skills for that, if yes! Then we want you! Anyone can apply to work for us, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, worldview, race, orc or a cyborg.
We are a motivated team - working with passion and innovation is our top priority. With us you will always have good vibes and a lot of fun while working.
If you are looking for something different, not boring and more creative, then we have just the right thing for you in a relaxed working atmosphere.
+++++ A Trailer and more information about the project on our website +++++
(just copy the link into your browser)
Großbeerenstraße 2-10, House 1, Entrance 1.1