Level Designer (m/w/x)
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops computer and video games for all platforms. The publisher has a diverse line-up and offers a wide range of high-quality games, from classic adventure and strategy games to multiplayer titles and RPGs.
Daedalic is one of the most successful games companies in Germany and is the record winner of the two most important awards in the German games industry with 32 titles at the German Developer Award (including several "Studio of the Year" awards) and twelve German Computer Game Awards.
Currently the studio is developing the AAA title The Lord of the Rings - Gollum (multi-platform). The action adventure tells Gollum's story from an unprecedented perspective and remains true to the legendary book by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Level Designer (m/w/x)
Reference ID: LD-21
- Starting: Now
- Full time
- In Hamburg
- Work with a highly motivated team on the multi-platform title "The Lord of the Rings: Gollum“
- Create and polish levels for a 3d adventure game with stealth and parkour elements, in accordance with the lead designer, project specifications, gameflow, story- and look-requirements
- Work in close collaboration with the game design team, level artists and story department
- Build the levels through all iterations, starting from 2d sketches through 3d blockouts
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience in the creation of 3D action game levels
- You should ideally bring two to three documented level blockouts with you
- You have experience with Unreal 4 level design techniques
- You have basic knowledge of scripting
- Experience with Unreal Blueprint Scripting is an advantage
- You have very good communication and documentation skills
- You are a team player, curious and have a quick mind
- Fluent German and/or English
- We expect enthusiasm for our games
- The opportunity to work with us on several multi-platform AAA productions, based on the world-renowned IP "The Lord of the Rings”
- Current and Next Gen platforms
- Very demanding and varied tasks in an internationally oriented company
- Extensive development opportunities
- Professional workflows and processes
- You have the opportunity to actively participate in shaping the daily work routine and make the company even more economically successful
If you are looking for a challenge, are eager for new experiences and want to hone your skills and knowledge, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Please send your complete application documents and your salary expectations (cover letter, CV, certificates, work samples and similar references) in a PDF file (max. 5 MB) by e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (contact person: Kai Fiebig). Reference ID: LD-21
We at Daedalic offer you to replace your first and last name with an alias (not a requirement!) Please also note that your application should NOT contain a phot