Senior 3D Artist (Level Art) (m/f/d)
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops computer and video games for all platforms. The publisher has a diverse line-up and offers a wide range of high-quality games, from classic adventure and strategy games to multiplayer titles and RPGs.
Daedalic is one of the most successful games companies in Germany and is the record winner of the two most important awards in the German games industry with 32 titles at the German Developer Award (including several "Studio of the Year" awards) and twelve German Computer Game Awards.
Currently the studio is developing the AAA title The Lord of the Rings - Gollum (multi-platform). The action adventure tells Gollum's story from an unprecedented perspective and remains true to the legendary book by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Senior 3D Artist (Level Art) (m/f/d)
Reference ID: 3D-AR-20
- Starting: Now
- Full time
- In Hamburg
- Work with a highly motivated team on the multi-platform title "The Lord of the Rings: Gollum"
- You visualize the world of Middle Earth in a unique graphic style
- You design and implement interior and exterior assets
- Creation of organic and hard-surface props
- You create set dressings and conceptualize level illumination
- Iterate with the game design and writing team to find the perfect balance of gameplay, story and visuals
- You have several years of professional experience as a 3D artist with a focus on level art
- If you have very good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4, then you've come to the right place
- The quick change between the creation of organic and hard-surface props is no problem for you
- 3D Art basics like composition/layout, detail, light and material are no foreign concepts to you
- Modular asset thinking is no problem for you
- You have an understanding of architecture and design that looks impressive but also works from a gameplay perspective
- You always wanted to tell stories with pictures and you have the necessary visual storytelling skills
- Experience with lighting and player guidance through light, room layout and design
- Expert knowledge in modeling, texturing and integration of 3D assets into the engine
- You are familiar with LOD and Collision Geometry
- Experience in creating Unreal Material Functions and the ability to integrate them into an existing Art pipeline
- Adaptation of assets to art-guidelines and the flexibility to fill gaps
- You may already have experience or interest in coaching Junior 3D Artists
- You have the ability to handle an iconic IP like "The Lord of the Rings" professionally but also creatively - a personal affinity to IP is a great advantage
- You enjoy working in a team, are curious and have great mental acuity
- Solid command of the English language (team language is English)
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with us on several multi-platform AAA productions, based on the world-renowned IP "The Lord of the Rings”
- Current and Next Gen platforms
- Very demanding and varied tasks in an internationally oriented company
- Extensive development opportunities
- Professional workflows and processes
- You have the opportunity to actively participate in shaping the daily work routine and make the company even more economically successful
If you are looking for a challenge, are eager for new experiences and want to hone your skills and knowledge, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Please send your complete application documents (cover letter, CV, certificates, work samples and similar references) in a PDF file (max. 5 MB) by e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (contact person: Kai Fiebig). Reference ID: 3D-AR-20
We at Daedalic offer you to replace your first and last name with an alias (not a requirement!) Please also note that your application should NOT contain a photo!