Senior Combat Designer
Senior Combat Designer (f/m/d)
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Combat Designer to work with us on our flagship title ‘The Cycle’. Join us and be a driving force in Game Design to make the player combat experience shine and feel both challenging and satisfying. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about polishing the intricacies of gunplay, abilities and player movement to craft something truly unique that will leave a hallmark in the landscape of online shooter games.
Be part of a tight-knit cross-disciplinary implementation team who are all passionate FPS gamers, take part in design discussions across the board, take part in the fun! We endorse being open-minded, always challenging our gameplay and testing new ideas and concepts to enrichen it further. Developing a live game means we work in a fast-paced professional environment with rapid iteration – we “fail-fast” and then get up again.
As a Senior Combat Designer at YAGER, you get a lot of autonomy over your area of design whilst also collaborating closely with the development team and design leadership in deciding next steps. We take pride in daily playtests and everyone giving frequent feedback. We also embrace an open development strategy and listen actively to community feedback.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Champion and drive the Player Combat experience
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to shape the combat vision
- Develop, iterate and polish on features with a cross-disciplinary strike team
- Involve your team in your design process - envision and engage them, discuss, incorporate ideas and feedback
- Collaborate closely with AI designers to create a challenging and rewarding gameplay experience
- Craft a fluid traversal experience together with Level Designers
- Discuss design topics and solutions across the game with Lead Game Designer and other designers
- Build relationships with the game’s community and the extended dev team, seek and embrace feedback
- Own the balancing and tuning of meta elements such as weapons, abilities, vitality and movement
- Mentor and guide junior designers
- 5+ years of experience in professional game development as an artist
- Having shipped at least one project in an artistic leadership role
- Deep experience with asset creation tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership, team, and people management skills
- Ability to take and apply direction and work well in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passion for videogames
- Minimum of five years experience working as a game developer
- Worked on at least two shipped titles
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of game design
- Minimum two years experience working with FPS weapon combat
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Strong attention to detail and understanding how small adjustments can impact gameplay and player experience
- Basic Unreal 4 experience
- Experience working with scripting languages in Unreal or equivalent game engines
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary implementation teams
- Ability to write clear, concise and explanatory design documents
- Ability to multi-task and juggle several design topics at once
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing willingness to relocate to Berlin
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
More about working at YAGER, relocation & other attractive benefits: https://bit.ly/32tqbqQ
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!