Freelance Game Translator (m/f/d)
We’re looking for freelance translators (m/f/d), for the language pairs zh-TW to English & English to zh-CN/German/French/Spanish, who are specialized in the video games field, to join our pool of freelancers.
The main tasks include PEMT services (post-editing Machine Translation), translating and proofreading video game content and other materials into your work language, adhering to the highest industry standards.
- Translating, proofreading, and editing game content, marketing content and news / player communication from Taiwanese to English, English into Simplified Chinese, German, French or Spanish.
- Updating translation memories and term bases for existing games.
- Maintaining translation processes and sticking to style guidelines for a good cooperation with other in-house or freelance translators
- Native German, French, Spanish, or Chinese (zh-TW or zh-CN) speaker and proficiency in English (any additional languages will be a plus)
- A degree in translation studies, linguistics, languages or similar
- Professional translation experience preferred
- Previous CAT tool experience is a must (memoQ preferred)
- Great knowledge of work language orthography and typographical syntax
- Passion for and experience in online video games of various genres (MMO experience preferred)
- Ability to handle tight deadlines, translating up to 2000 words/day or 4000 words/day for PEMT services
- You are an authorized translator (with a VAT and the possibility to issue invoices)
BEFORE APPLYING, PLEASE PERFORM THE TRANSLATION TEST, THAT YOU CAN FIND UNDER THE FOLLOWING LINK:
Once you have performed the test, please include in your application:
- Your updated CV,
- Your language pair(s)
- The results of your translation test
Your contact person for this position is Lydia Campomanes.