Karlsruhe | full-time | from now
We are one of the leading publishers of free-to-play-online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
Would you like to work in a team of project managers sharing a passion for gaming? We are managing all software projects for our games and internal applications. As Project Manager, you assume ownership of software projects assigned to you including planning, execution, controlling and finishing. To fulfil these tasks, you are highly organized, enthusiastic, have excellent communication skills and a proven record of success of at least 3 years in project management, ideally gaming related.
Please submit your application in English.
- You coordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of assigned projects in time and budget over the full lifecycle from “Concept” to “Release”
- You gather requirements for work effort from project stakeholders alongside technical feasibility and create a schedule during the planning phase
- You track progress and communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers throughout the whole production process
- You also capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes, if applicable
- You assist with planning for follow-on projects, facilitate reviews between stakeholders and team members and document any learnings in the post-production phase to improve best practices for the department and company
- You have a strong software development background to capture and manage technical requirements and dependencies across multiple development teams
- You have a solid understanding of software development processes, software development life cycles and performance management
- You have aquired expertise in the use of project management methodologies (e.g. Waterfall/Kanban/Scrum) and tools like MS Project, JIRA and Confluence as well as resource management practices and change management techniques
- You have outstanding skills in the areas of communication, relationship-building and problem-solving
- You know how to handle complex tasks without losing your cool
- You look at the bigger picture, questioning existing methods and analysing potential risks
Your Gameforge setting
- Where colleagues become friends! Regular team events and an open company culture
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 25 nations are part of our team
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! We reacted quickly when the Corona pandemic began, enabling all our employees to work from home. When you join us, you will enjoy a structured digital onboarding program and the work equipment sent to you.
Founded in 2002, Gameforge is a leading publisher and operator of highly acclaimed Massively
Multiplayer Online (MMO) and browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds active, enduring global communities while supporting players through the highest quality LiveOps, localized community management, and impactful delivery of fresh content.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles AION, TERA, Kingdom Under Fire 2, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword, NosTale, and SoulWorker, along with strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ultimate Pirates.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.