Senior Manager BI & Analytics (mobile free2play game)
META Games is a self-publishing development studio creating mobile games for Esports fans. Our vision is “Live your Esports passion!” – for our players and ourselves. Our mission is to offer fun and authentic mobile games that will be enjoyed by millions of Esports enthusiasts around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager BI & Analytics (m/f) to help our core team in Berlin. You will work closely with the Live Operations and Game Design departments, shaping operations and development of our games, and meaningfully advance our BI infrastructure and processes. Your decisions will matter from day one and you pave the way for further expansion of the company and its game portfolio. The position will be hands-on, but you’ll have the opportunity to build and grow a BI team, so previous team management experience is appreciated. You’ll report directly to the COO and co-founder of META Games.
You’re passionate about Esports and have experience in mobile games analytics and BI. An entrepreneurial spirit, a love for fast paced environments and a passion for learning are definite pluses.
- Work closely with Live Operations and Game Design to validate assumptions about user behaviour, discover emerging patterns in how people play our games over time and react to new features and generally to make our game visions a reality
- Continually improve and innovate on all BI aspects, coming up with new ideas for analysis, events, offers, A/B tests and keeping in touch with the industry’s development
- Translate business questions from LiveOps and Game Design into SQL and visualize answers. If something isn’t possible yet, you build it.
- Work with Google Data Studio and Tableau to analyse data and create dashboards to visualize our progress and the state of the game
- Monitor and improve our AWS / RDS / EC2 infrastructure
- Improve and maintain our ETL processes
- Ideally, create models of user behaviour and predict future action by our users, either by integrating third party services or establishing ML capabilities in-house
- Maintain our third-party platform integrations and enriching our data from a variety of sources, with an eye to compliance of GDPR and other privacy legislation
- You’ve got >5 years’ experience in BI and analytics for f2p mobile games (ideally midcore)
- You live, think and breathe SQL and ideally python and know your way around a command line
- You’re happy to shape a company from early on, getting your hands dirty
- You are a problem solver at heart, willing to learn what you don’t already know and are proactively looking for answers.
- You live what you preach and are an example to the team, sparring about ideas with your peers, leaving egos at the door.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- You follow Esports and have played or play MOBAs, FPSs, etc – not professionally maybe, but competitively
- You’ve got ML skills and would like a place to apply them
What we offer:
- A competitive salary in a well-funded gaming studio, which you still help to shape
- The opportunity to work in the most exciting industries in the world – Esports and Gaming
- The ability to own your work, but to collaborate with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic team.
- To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org