Mobile Art Director (m/f/d)
We need support at our location in Berlin/Hamburg/Darmstadt or Remotely at the earliest opportunity and are looking for a highly skilled Mobile Art Director (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team.
The Mobile Art Director (m/f/d) will manage a team that is responsible for defining and executing the visual look and feel of a variety of mobile games from conception through to execution.
This position will work independently and collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams made up of artists, engineers, designers, and production. This person will manage efforts in art direction, art creation, training, coaching, and leadership to ensure that art assets are created efficiently and within given time constraints.
The Art Director (m/f/d) will work closely with studio leadership in the evaluation and hiring of all Art resources.
- Define the overall look and style of all mobile games.
- Manage a cross discipline team of artists, set art goals, and own the execution strategy.
- Collaborate with leadership on evaluation, hiring, and assigning talent for all art disciplines
- Manage and guide Art outsource resources to ensure quality work is provided for all games
- Develop strategies, eliminate obstacles, and manage the art workflow with other leaders to achieve broader product goals.
- Oversees internal R&D for art tools, production pipelines, and content creation.
- Work closely with design and production to ensure the art supports the game experience.
- Produce concise feedback for concept art, 3d models, rigs, animations, effects, and scenes produced for all games.
- Present ideas and vision to stakeholders and team
- Promotes a culture of healthy critique
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies focusing on art development for current and next generation mobile handsets
- Other related duties as assigned
- 8+ years art experience in game industry
- 4+ years of experiencein the mobile games industry in a leadership role
- Credited with at least three shipped mobile game titles, from concept to launch
- Portfolio illustrating your marketable artistic vision
- Strong understanding of video game development and production pipeline
- Experience with managing projects and artists to ensure milestones are met within the triple constraint.
- Advanced knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and 3D art packages such as 3DS Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Lightwave and Zbrush
- Broad knowledge across all art disciplines, including concept, character, animation, environment, VFX, UI, lighting, shading, and rendering
- Proven track record of delivering clear and consistent visual feedback that elevates the art team’s work and sets the direction for the development team.
- Demonstrates professionalism and composure while working under and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to deliver quality and creativity within the context of a variety of game genres
- Strong written, visual (sketching/mockups) and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design, Animation, or related field
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience with shipped Unity mobile projects.
- Prior experience managing Art outsourcing resources. Former Art outsource contacts and relationships
- Fluent in German
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A very international team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- The subsidization of the public transportation card
- Fresh fruits and beverages
Your contact person for this position is Mara Dinulescu.