Mobile Lead Artist (m/f/d)
We need support at our location in Berlin/Hamburg/Darmstadt or Remotely at the earliest opportunity and are looking for ahighly skilled Lead Artist (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team.
As a Lead Artist (m/f/d) you are responsible for developing and driving an original and innovative art style for the game, while working with other internal departments to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for art in the game.
- Work closely with the Mobile Art Director to understand technical constraints and develop tools to enhance artistic vision.
- Work closely with the Mobile Art Director to define the look and style of the game.
- Manage a team of artists by delegating tasks, providing direction, mentoring and ensuring that assets are delivered on time & at the highest quality.
- Ensure that all assets created by the art team conform to the style and technical guidelines of the title.
- Explore new ways to populate and annotate game levels, allowing artists and designers to have a wider positive impact on the look and design.
- Participate in and run meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team and external stakeholders.
- Rigging, skinning, and asset setup ranging from characters, complex weapons and vehicles, for our current and future projects.
- Collaborate closely with modelers, animators, FX, and engineering - ensuring content meets the technical needs for rigging, skinning, and implementation for the game.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot assets, look for bugs, and additional polish opportunities to ensure high quality.
- Contribute toward new techniques and process efficiency improvements for character, environment and UI art development.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production.
- 4+ years experience as an Artist in the Gaming Industry.
- Minimum of 2 years experience on mobile games
- Credited with at least two shipped mobile titles, from concept to launch.
- A good communicator who is comfortable taking direction and critique.
- Self-managing and able to identify and meet goals.
- Ability to assess content scope and ensure successful delivery of content on tight deadlines.
- Expert knowledge and production experience using Maya.
- Expertise with the core products in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator (including animating in Photoshop and the use of Smart Objects).
- Great time management skills
- Perfect understanding of composition, color, value and form as it relates to both classic art for and gameplay visuals.
- Art Degree or equivalent working experience
- Previous experience with shipped Unity mobile projects
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A very international team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- The subsidization of the public transportation card
- Fresh fruits and beverages
Your contact person for this position is Mara Dinulescu.