Mobile Lead Game Designer (m/f/d)
We need support at our location in Berlin/Hamburg/Darmstadt or Remotely at the earliest opportunity and are looking for a highly skilled Mobile Lead Game Designer (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team.
The Mobile Lead Game Designer (m/f/d) is responsible for leading the mobile game design team by both driving the overall game concept, and the implementation of the detailed elements of the game design.
This role will work closely with all the other stakeholders in a Lead level as well as production team and other stakeholders when necessary.
- Report to the Mobile Creative Director and Producers about all aspects of the project in order to execute the project’s vision, while proactively pushing the quality bar and fun-factor of the title
- Lead, manage and mentor the mobile game design team on a day-to-day basis to ensure a high level of quality
- Analyze content of our current games to improve game design and monetization concepts
- Conceptualize new mobile games, modeling a complex game economy as well as difficulty and scoring
- Create world design (backstory, setting, and theme for the game), System design (creation of game rules and underlying mathematical patterns) and Content design (creation of characters, items, cards, and missions)
- Work closely with the Level Design Team and oversee and manage the level design process and production pipeline from both an aesthetic and game play perspective
- Providing clear feature documentation, diagrams, wireframes and/or prototypes
- Collaborate with the design, art and technical teams to implement and iterate on the mobile game vision
- Participate in meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team
- Define live tests on the store and be responsible for interpreting the results.
- Attend play tests and be solution-oriented to the problem encountered
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game design team meets expectations, and also communicates high-level expectations
- Minimum of 5 years of games experience with at least 2 years experience on mobile games
- Must have shipped at least two titles as a Mobile Game Designer, and at least one of them as a Lead Game Designer
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of game design and balancing, level design, gameplay theory
- Proven ability to create high level design documentation and game concept.
- Proven ability to work with narrative designers to create a compelling game story
- Used Agile Methodology as a design and development process, particularly SCRUM
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Deep passion for mobile gaming
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision
- Expansive knowledge base of games of all genres and platforms
Nice to have:
- Relevant education and diploma (Game Design, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.).
- Work well under pressure and capable of multi-task tracking
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A very international team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- The subsidization of the public transportation card
- Fresh fruits and beverages
Your contact person for this position is Mara Dinulescu.