Mobile Technical Director (m/f/d)
We need support at our location in Berlin/Hamburg/Darmstadt or Remotely at the earliest opportunity and are looking for a highly skilled Mobile Technical Director (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team.
The Mobile Technical Director (m/f/d) leads and grows highly skilled developers with technical vision and mentoring. This role will help guide development, focused on assisting team coordination and execution on all our games in development. They will safeguard the quality standard that we work toward and be involved in important decisions that shape how we make games.
- Help identify and recruit exceptional talent. Invest in the growth and success of each engineer by establishing and promoting a culture of good communication, collaboration and learning.
- Support game teams as they progress through the stages of development by providing comprehensive documentation and reference implementations of key project architectures, workflows, pipelines and service integrations.
- Provide mentorship, troubleshooting, and debugging expertise to members of the Engineering team.
- Improve the effectiveness of every engineer by establishing and promoting standards for code quality, testability, architecture and workflows.
- Be the main Technical point of contact for all Development needs, and collaborate with external resources in other departments to ensure the continued success of the game development teams
- Create and maintain uniform technical processes and pipelines across all games to create peak productivity for all teams
- Be a jack-of-all-trades and contribute to any project as needed
- Identify and manage technical and developmental risks/obstacles.
- Identify and promote the best tools, libraries and services.
- 8+ years of professional development experience in the game industry
- 4+ years of experiencein the mobile games industry in a leadership role
- Credited with at least three shipped mobile game titles, from concept to launch
- Deep understanding and experience developing mobile games in Unity
- Degree in CS, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience successfully delivering multiple large game titles
- Fluency in C++ and C#
- Expert debugging skills
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, complexity, and system design
- Basic game math fundamentals (vectors, matrices, physics, projections, camera space, tangent space, object space)
- Experience in every aspect of mobile development
- Experience working with multi-discipline game teams and collaborating with personnel across the entire spectrum of game development
- Experience with proprietary game engines and legacy code
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask requirements and feedback gathering across disciplines, access risk, define priorities, and resolve problems while meeting deadlines
- Excellent critical and analytical skills
- Previous experience with shipped Unity mobile projects.
- Fluent in English
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Fluent in German
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A very international team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- The subsidization of the public transportation card
- Fresh fruits and beverages
Your contact person for this position is Mara Dinulescu.