Senior Mobile Artist (m/f/d)
We need support at our location in Berlin, Hamburg, Darmstadt or Remotely at the earliest opportunity and are looking for ahighly skilled Senior Artist (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team.
As a Senior Artist (m/f/d) you are responsible for working with production to lead a small team of artists to support delivery of new features and components for Mobile games. You will research, interpret and deliver artwork to resolve challenges and create product features
- Work closely with the Mobile Lead Artist to understand technical constraints and develop tools to enhance artistic vision.
- Work closely with the Mobile Lead Artist to define the look and style of the game.
- Manage a small group of artists by delegating tasks, providing direction, mentoring and ensuring that assets are delivered on time & at the highest quality.
- Ensure that all assets created by you and your small team conform to the style and technical guidelines of the title.
- Explore new ways to populate and annotate game levels, allowing artists and designers to have a wider positive impact on the look and design.
- Participate in meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team and external stakeholders.
- Rigging, skinning, and asset setup ranging from characters, complex weapons and vehicles, for our current and future projects.
- Collaborate closely with modelers, animators, FX, and engineering - ensuring content meets the technical needs for rigging, skinning, and implementation for the game.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot assets, look for bugs, and additional polish opportunities to ensure high quality.
- Contribute toward new techniques and process efficiency improvements for character, environment and UI art development.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production.
- 3+ years experience as an Artist in the Gaming Industry.
- Minimum 1 year experience on mobile games
- Credited with at least one shipped mobile title, from concept to launch.
- A good communicator who is comfortable taking direction and critique.
- Self-managing and able to identify and meet goals.
- Ability to assess content scope and ensure successful delivery of content on tight deadlines.
- Expert knowledge and production experience using Maya.
- Expertise with the core products in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator (including animating in Photoshop and the use of Smart Objects).
- Great time management skills
- Perfect understanding of composition, color, value and form as it relates to both classic art for and gameplay visuals.
- Art Degree or equivalent working experience
- Previous experience with shipped Unity mobile projects
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A very international team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- The subsidization of the public transportation card
- Fresh fruits and beverages
Your contact person for this position is Mara Dinulescu.