Lead Technical Artist (f/m/d)
Would you like to be part of a passionate team dedicated to creating unique players' experience and to leave a mark in the landscape of games?
We are currently seeking a talented and passionate Lead Technical Artist to work with us on our flagship title ‘The Cycle’. In this role, you will be responsible for the progression and development of the Technical art team. You will lead a team of 3 Technical Artists and work together in interdisciplinary teams and in a fast-paced and professional environment.
As a Lead Technical Artist, you work with significant ownership and responsibility for leading and mentoring a talented team of Technical Artists and for driving global technical art initiatives within the project to ensure the success of our game. You are expected to lead by example and to be able to work collaboratively with other leads.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Function as the technical art department lead, mentor, manage, and motivate a team of Technical Artists to help create some of the most advanced/unique content seen in video games.
- Oversee the development and introduction of art pipelines including proprietary tools, software plug-ins, and new in-game technology
- Work with the art director, technical director and other department leads to realizing the project’s creative vision
- Write and maintain technical documentation in terms of standards, pipelines and processes
- Provide feedback and practical mentoring to team members to foster their development as technical artists and developers
- Establish qualitative and performance benchmarks and guiding the team in reaching them
- Lead by example: ability to find creative solutions for complex technical art problems that exceed player expectations and set examples for other technical artists
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Artist
- 2+ years experience in a Team leading position
- Deep understanding of Unreal Engine 4
- Shipped at least one game as senior or lead technical artist
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Extensive experience with 3D and 2D content creation tools including their respective scripting solution
- Able to work harmoniously with a diverse team and handle the tensions inherent in creative undertakings
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good programming skills, preferable with python and c++
- Extensive experience with 3DsMax, Maya, Modo and Substance
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager and participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings.
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!