Game Server Engineer (m/f/d)
We are looking for an experienced Game Server Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team to be located in Berlin/Hamburg/Darmstadt or Remotely (in Germany).
The Game Server Engineer (m/f/d) is responsible for analyzing, developing, and evaluating large-scale, complex online applications and backends systems for our mobile games. This person will design systems and develop the code to support the mobile games. The Game Server Engineer (m/f/d) has a broad knowledge of software engineering sciences, AWS systems and follows international engineering trends and technologies.
- Design, implement well-engineered, secure, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free API’s, applications and systems
- Collaborate with team producer, 1st and 3rd party support staff to maintain existing features and implement support for new game features.
- Build sustaining systems, suggesting new ideas, concepts, and provide feedback
- Develop and document technical coding
- Integrate existing client/server systems with 3rd party platforms
- Identify technical, security and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions
- Follow best practices, processes, and systems standards
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years engineering experience in API’s and backend game server development
- Experience working with cryptography and securing systems outside of trusted networks
- Familiarity with AWS cloud-based services and engineering development including CI/CD practices
- Expert in NodeJS development
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Python and XML knowledge and experience
- Strong knowledge of AWS Linux platforms including EC2, S3, Cloudwatch, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Lambda and Prometheus (AMP)
- Strong knowledge of Docker, Amazon Elastic Container Service and Kubernetes
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask across disciplines, access risk, define priorities, and resolve problems while meeting deadlines
- Excellent critical and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A very international team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- The subsidization of the public transportation card
- Fresh fruits and beverages
Your contact person for this position is Mara Dinulescu.