GAME DESIGN GRADUATE PROGRAM (m/f/d)- 5365
With over 410 million registered players and over 50 games, Bigpoint is one of the leading developers and publishers of free to play games in the world. Being part of the Yoozoo group, we believe that everybody should be able to play great games and, with an uncompromising focus on quality, strive to push the boundaries of gaming, exceeding our players expectations with fun, accessible and innovative content.
Game Design Graduate Program is an 18-month program focused on entry-level graduates who want to start a career in the dynamic, fast-paced Games Industry. It offers you unique working experience in Design Center, where you will gain valuable wide experiences in different design areas and projects for live and new games. You will have the opportunity to build a network and exchange knowledge with other more senior designers. That way, you can make a big step forward towards a successful career as a Game Designer in a dynamic working environment.
Please send your CV, cover letter and references, including salary expectation and earliest start date possible as 1 PDF to direct link below or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bigpoint takes care of a good work-life balance in the organization and support physical and mental health of our people. We have cooperation with Qualitrain but also provide an onsite fitness room in Hamburg and courses with trainers, like a Yoga class. An indepent Employee Assistance and Counselling Program through Fürstenberg Institut is free of use for our people and their close family.
Work hard, Play Harder!
We have a gaming lounge with several consoles and PCs, but also an after-work lounge with sofas, football tables, table tennis and darts. On Thursdays we love to meet there for our happy hour with soft drinks and beer. Company events and team events are regular things for us.
You can bring your dog to work every day and if you like to go to work by bike, we offer indoor bicycle parking and a shower, but also support public transportation tickets. Special employee discounts, such as vacations, clothing, food, electronics and much more. Not to forget a variety of fresh organic fruit, water, tea and coffee every day.
We want you to grow professionally! We encourage the individual development of our people with team budgets for education and personalized training.
You will have access to rotating roles and various training and development opportunities, including:
- Leadership skills development
- Networking, Coaching and Mentoring relationship
- Learning curriculum (training, e-learning modules)
You'll experience assignments and tasks with real, hands-on responsibilities integral to Bigpoint's business.
Step 1: Introduction
The Game Designer Graduate Program starts with a welcome week. Together with the other members of the Graduates program, you will get a first introduction to the Bigpoint, the game industry, and the workflow of a game development company.
Step 2: Game Design Introduction
After the introduction week, you will spend 8 months supporting the designers in different projects and areas of design. You will complete assignments and tasks on all current topics. Your stay will be supplemented with expert training.
Step 3: Exposure to the operations of the Game Industry
You will walk through all game operations areas and get a holistic business picture by having the opportunity of getting to know how our business works and how we are making a profit.
Step 4: Hands-on Game Design
In order to guarantee a smooth start into your future function, you will spend the last 8 months doing your own assignment. You will be assigned to a project where your expertise will be needed. The major development focus will be on on-the-job-trainings to gain final practical experiences for the upcoming job placement.
- You have, or you currently are, on your way to a university degree in the field of economics, game development, statistics, or equivalent.
- First experience in designing systems for mobile or PC based online games
- First skills in scripting and prototyping gameplay mechanics
- You are able to clearly articulate your ability to designing systems for online multi-player games
- You have a creative mindset, exceptional logical and analytical capabilities, able to think from a player's point of view, and stay organized under pressure
- You are proficient in Excel
- You are able to explain complex data insights concisely and visually.
- You are pro-active, self-initiated, and flexible
- The first experience in Unity or comparable engines is a plus
- You have a passion for games, especially f2p Games and their mechanics
- You have strong written and oral English communication skills.