Mobile 3D Environment Artist(m/f/d)
We need support at our location in Berlin, Hamburg, Darmstadt or Remotely (in Germany) at the earliest opportunity and are looking for ahighly skilled 3D Environment Artist (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team.
As a 3D Environment Artist (m/f/d) you are responsible for working with production to create accurate, high-quality 3D environments and offer technical support by being the link between Artists and Programmers. You will research, interpret and deliver 3D artwork to resolve challenges and create product features.
- Working closely with the Lead artist to create accurate, high-quality environments and environment assets.
- Ability to work with space, dimensions and composition.
- Basic knowledge of architecture and its history.
- Take responsibility for the technical implementation of artwork, visuals and assets.
- Expertise in improving and simplifying processes where possible.
- Make decisive choices on technical constraints and look for effective solutions for the wider team.
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues.
- Creation of basic automation scripts, small tools inside and outside the 3D application.
- Participate in meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team and external stakeholders.
- Rigging, skinning, and asset setup ranging from characters, complex weapons and vehicles, for our current and future projects.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot assets, look for bugs, and additional polish opportunities to ensure high quality.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production.
- 3+ years experience as a 3D Artist in the Gaming Industry.
- Credited with at least one shipped mobile title, from concept to launch.
- A good communicator who is comfortable taking direction and critique.
- Self-managing and able to identify and meet goals.
- Ability to assess content scope and ensure successful delivery of content on tight deadlines.
- Expert knowledge and production experience using Maya, Blender and Unity.
- Experience with Substance Painter and Substance Designer.
- Experience in Scripting and creating automation tools.
- Expertise with the core products in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop.
- Great time management skills
- Perfect understanding of composition, color, value and form as it relates to both classic art for and gameplay visuals.
- Art Degree or equivalent working experience
- Previous experience with shipped Unity mobile projects
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- A chance to join a new, growing mobile development studio.
- Developing a new mobile game IP from the ground up.
- Working alongside a talented group of artists, designers and coders, hand-picked for the project.
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A very international team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- The subsidization of the public transportation card
- Fresh fruits and beverages
Your contact person for this position is Mara Dinulescu.