Senior QA Tester
As Senior QA tester you will be leading the QA process within Paladin Studios. You will work closely with all developers and fellow testers, across development teams, enabling them to get the most out of their work. You are the oil between cogs, ensuring smooth processes, headache-free deliveries and a laser sharp focus on performance, functionality and consistency of our games.
What you will be doing
- Create games together with artists, programmers, designers and producers
- Enable our developers to do their best work
- Be the voice of the end-user during production
- Create and maintain smooth QA processes, tools and solutions
- Effectively document test results
- Use monitoring software to track live environments
- Coordinate a team of testers
- Estimations and risk assessments for new features, designs and projects
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of QA methodologies, software testing standards, methods and conventions
- Knowledge of submission and release processes
- Understanding of development processes and tools
- Experience in writing and maintaining high-quality test documentation
- Experience with build automation and build scripts
- Experience with QA outsourcing and management
- Experience with agile methodologies and iterative development.
What could help
- Experience with game development
- Experience with mobile & console development
- Experience with test automation
Helpful soft skills
- Insight: Deconstructing complex situations in order to obtain and share a complete picture
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for your own actions and those of your colleagues
- Flexibility: Adapting to reach a certain goal
- Initiative: Recognizing and creating opportunities
- A strong passion for making and playing games
- 3+ years of experience in either game or software QA
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
Are you qualified?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- Remote work possibilities & flexible hours
- Competitive salary, a pension plan and other benefits
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Cut The Rope Remastered - A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! - Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
How to apply
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Saturnusstraat 60, Unit 76
2516 XZ Den Haag