Game Server Engineer (m/f/d)
We are looking for an experienced Game Server Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team to be located in Berlin/Hamburg/Darmstadt or Remotely.
The Game Server Engineer (m/f/d) is responsible for analyzing, developing, and evaluating large-scale, complex online applications and backends systems for our mobile games. This person will design systems and develop the code to support the mobile games. The Game Server Engineer (m/f/d) has a broad knowledge of software engineering sciences, cloud-based systems and follows international engineering trends and technologies.
- Design, implement well-engineered, secure, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free API’s, applications and systems ( Select suitable frameworks and programming languages for the task)
- Collaborate with studio leadership, producers, technical leads and support staff to maintain existing features and implement support for new game features.
- Build sustaining systems, suggesting new ideas, concepts, and provide feedback
- Architect, design, develop and document technical coding
- Integrate existing client/server systems with 3rd party platforms
- Identify technical, security and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions
- Follow best practices, processes, and systems standards
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years engineering experience developing RESTful API’s and backend servers to support client applications, especially mobile applications
- Familiarity with AWS or Google cloud-based services and engineering development including CI/CD practices
- Expert in at least one of the following programming languages: C# (.net), C++ or Node.js with Typescript
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask across disciplines, access risk, define priorities, and resolve problems while meeting deadlines
- Excellent critical and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining backend systems to support games, especially mobile games
- Experience working with cryptography and securing systems outside of trusted networks
- Knowledge and experience of SQL, Python, C# and XML
- Knowledge of containers (eg. Docker) and Kubernetes
- Written and verbal German communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A very international team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- The subsidization of the public transportation card
- Fresh fruits and beverages
The gamigo group is one of the leading publishers of online games in Europe and North America and focuses on publishing, operating and support of online and mobile games.
Counting over 300 employees in Germany, Poland, South Korea and USA, gamigo is one of the most important players in the gaming industry.
The gamigo group currently has a portfolio consisting of over 25 massively multiplayer online games and more than 5.000 casual games. The game selection includes first-person shooters, fantasy RPGs, building-strategy games, mobile- and casual-games.
Since the company’s founding in 2000, this diverse portfolio has been build-up through company acquisitions, purchasing of game licenses as well as worldwide publishing rights.
Part of the gamigo group are gamigo AG, gamigo Publishing GmbH, Aeria Games GmbH, gamigo Portals GmbH, gamigo US Inc., gamigo Inc. and Kings Isle Entertainment Inc.