Senior 3D Character Artist (m/f/d)
We need support at our location in Berlin, Hamburg, Darmstadt or Remotely (in Germany) at the earliest opportunity and are looking for ahighly skilled Senior 3D Character Artist (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team.
As a Senior 3D Character Artist (m/f/d) you are responsible for working with production, design and the lead artist to deliver new features, 3D character components and rigging for Mobile games. You will research, interpret and deliver artwork to resolve challenges and create product features
- Work closely with the Mobile Lead Artist to define the look and style of 3D characters.
- Work closely with the Mobile Lead Artist to understand technical constraints and develop tools to enhance artistic vision.
- Manage your own tasks, providing direction and ensuring that assets are delivered on time & at the highest quality.
- Ensure that all assets created by you conform to the style and technical guidelines of the title.
- Participate in meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team and external stakeholders.
- Sculpting, modelling, texturing, rigging, skinning, and asset setup for our current and future projects.
- Collaborate closely with modelers, animators, FX, game designers and engineering - ensuring content meets the technical needs for 3D characters for the game.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot assets, look for bugs, and additional polish opportunities to ensure high quality.
- Contribute toward new techniques and process efficiency improvements for character art and animation.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to characters, sculpting and modelling.
- 3+ years experience as a 3D Character Artist in the Gaming Industry.
- Credited with at least two shipped mobile titles, from concept to launch.
- A good communicator who is comfortable taking direction and critique.
- Self-managing and able to identify and meet goals.
- Ability to assess content scope and ensure successful delivery of content on tight deadlines.
- Expert knowledge and production experience using Zbrush and Maya.
- Expertise with the core products in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Ability and expertise to produce high quality low-poly characters suitable for mobile games.
- Great time management skills
- Perfect understanding of anatomy, topology, proportions, composition, color and form as it relates to 3D characters especially in games on mobile.
- Art Degree or equivalent working experience
- Previous experience with shipped Unity mobile projects
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- A chance to join a new, growing mobile development studio.
- Developing a new mobile game IP from the ground up.
- Working alongside a talented group of artists, designers and coders, hand-picked for the project.
- A challenging job with responsibility and freedom to grow professionally acquiring new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A very international team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- The subsidization of the public transportation card
- Fresh fruits and beverages
Your contact person for this position is Mara Dinulescu.