Online Game Engineer (f/m/d)
Would you like to be part of a 3rd person shooter, a new IP packed with innovation and leave a mark in the landscape of games while working together in interdisciplinary teams and a fast-paced and hyper-creative environment?
We are currently seeking a talented and passionate Online Game Engineer to support our team working on the online features for our unannounced game. The gameplay experience is a unique blend of third-person shooting & melee combat, in an open world that lets you choose your own goals, together with others.
You will join in an exciting phase when you can make an impact on the game. You will be part of an experienced team that has a lot to offer and encourages you to grow with us together!
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Implement features and solutions, both on client and backend, covering our tech stack from UE4 communicating to Playfab and Azure infrastructure
- Write clean and maintainable C++ and C# code
- Research new technologies and tools that will help us run our live services with high availability and scalability
- Integrate third-party platform services and SDKs
- Investigate technical issues impacting the game during development and live service
- Write technical specifications, technical design documents, and other relevant documentation
- 2+ years of experience working on live games, on PC, mobile and/or console platforms
- Experience implementing online services, such as In-app purchases, authentication, leaderboards, live events, Meta and progression, matchmaking and analytics
- Fluent in C++, C# (or similar languages)
- Experience working with backend technologies, either in-house or BaaS, in a serverless architecture
- A passion for video games, and a general understanding of the industry and game design principles
- Experience with PlayFab, Azure Functions, SignalR, Redis
- Experience with UE4, including UMG & Blueprints
- Experience implementing game systems and features, such as UI and gameplay
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!