Senior Mobile Game Designer (m/f/d)
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Mobile Game Designer (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team at our location in Berlin or Hamburg.
The Senior Mobile Game Designer (m/f/d) is responsible for driving the monetization and systems design in order to implement the detailed elements of the game concept.
This role will work closely with the design team, the development team and the production team of the game to implement and adjust behaviors of game features.
- Report to the Mobile Creative Director about all aspects of the project in order to execute the project’s vision, while proactively pushing the quality bar and fun-factor of the title
- Help manage and mentor the mobile game design team on a day-to-day basis to ensure a high level of quality
- Analyze content of our current games to improve game design and monetization concepts
- Conceptualize new mobile games, modeling a complex game economy as well as difficulty and scoring
- Create Economy Design (IAP’s, ads, in-game items, sinks, pricing) and System design (creation of game rules and underlying mathematical patterns).
- Game balancing and adjustment of key variables to produce a fun but profitable game, which achieves agreed KPI goals for the game.
- Providing clear feature documentation, diagrams, wireframes and/or prototypes
- Collaborate with the design, art and technical teams to implement and iterate on the mobile game vision
- Participate in meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team
- Define live tests on the store and be responsible for interpreting the results.
- Attend play tests and be solution-oriented to the problem encountered
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game design team meets expectations, and also communicates high-level expectations
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in mobile game design.
- Must have shipped at least two titles as a Mobile Game Designer, and at least one of them as a Senior and at least one where responsible for the monetization/system design.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of game design, balancing, gameplay theory and monetization of mobile games.
- Proven ability to create high level design documentation and game concepts.
- Proven ability to work with developers to produce rapid prototypes and test on the store.
- Used Agile Methodology as a design and development process, particularly SCRUM
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Deep passion for mobile gaming
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision
- Expansive knowledge base of games of all genres and platforms
Nice to have
- Relevant education and diploma (Game Design, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.).
- Capable of delivering to deadlines and capable of multi-task tracking
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A very international team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- The subsidization of the public transportation card
- Fresh fruits and beverages