Senior Narrative Designer (f/m/d)
Would you like to be part of a new IP packed with innovation where you can make an impact and leave a mark in the landscape of games?
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Narrative Designer who’s passionate about games to join our team. You will be part of the talented team behind a yet unannounced project, a F2P 3rd person co-op shooter aimed at hardcore players packed with innovation. We are looking for people who love the idea of working together in interdisciplinary teams and a fast-paced and professional environment.
As a Senior Narrative Designer for our unannounced project, you are responsible for bringing our narrative to life through our characters, world, and gameplay. This role will work closely with gameplay and level designers to create memorable experiences that immerse players in our exciting new IP and find unique ways to enhance co-op gameplay through narrative. You will be part of an experienced team that has a lot to offer and encourages you to grow with us together!
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Write and edit compelling mission, lore, story text and dialogue
- Create story and mission content focused on the game’s core mechanics
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to define and maintain the narrative vision of the project. In this journey, you will be expected to pitch your ideas, manage stakeholder expectations and take on board feedback
- Collaborate with art and gameplay to create hero characters that are fun to play and rich in the narrative potential
- Collaborate with design and engineering on tools and systems to best develop and represent narrative content in game
- 3+ years experience as a narrative designer
- Basic understanding of game design and ability to communicate with different disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work interdisciplinary
- A desire to grow, learn and improve as a designer
- Positive, enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude
- Multiplayer games narrative experience
- Unreal game engine experience
- Worldbuilding and IP development experience
- Scripting experience, for example with Unreal Blueprint
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!