Senior Concept Artist (f/m/d)
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Concept Artist to join our team and develop amazing games with us.
You will be joining the talented team behind a yet unannounced project, a F2P 3rd person co-op shooter aimed at hardcore players packed with innovation. Work with us on creating amazing art and on making a unique experience to our players.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Support level design and level art teams in creating unique and rich environments
- Report directly to the Art Director and work closely with other disciplines in small interdisciplinary teams
- Create concept art for characters, weapons, props, architectures, environments, ambience situations (mood boards), based on the direction set by the art director
- 4+ years of AAA experience
- You have shipped at least 1 entertainment project
- Ability to work within a style including a style set by another artist/art director
- Outstanding traditional illustration and coloring skills (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or similar)
- Strong knowledge of color theory, human anatomy, architectural, industrial and art history
- Storyboard and thumb nail drawing skills
- Ability to learn new software and techniques
- Basic knowledge of 3d creation packages (3dsmax, Maya, Modo) and ability to prepare basic mock-ups using 3d geometry
- Ability to range across numerous genres and to adhere to creative direction
- Ability to take and apply direction and work well in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passionate about videogames
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Texturing skills
- Additional skills such as modelling, lighting, or FX are beneficial
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, monthly company events, fitness Club membership, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, Summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!