Joboffer dated from 01/07/2022
SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER (m/f/d) (m/f/d) - #5546
Art / Layout / Illustration
YOUR JOBThe DevOps Engineer is part of a cross-functional development team. The DevOps Engineer enables his team to quickly implement solutions without external IT dependencies. Bring the source code from the repository to production and operate it in the live environment. The DevOps Engineer also executes the department strategy as provided by the management.
- Integration of assigned games into central services: stakeholder support or consulting on-site if needed and hands on server/network and software configuration and integration
- Development of new central services: conception, build chain, configuration, deployment, operation, integration of the assigned games, and adherence to the software development processes and standards within Bigpoint
- Maintenance of patch/update and configuration management, and small change requests
- Service Operation: operate live games and services, develop/integrate/maintain tools and 2 services you need for operations, take part in on-call duty process and network operation centre shifts
- Understand and be able to support the build chain of the games and services
- Understand and be able to support the deployment system of the games and services
- Incident and change management execute both processes according to our guidelines and documentation.
- University degree in IT Business or comparable qualification
- +3 years of experience with 24×7 operation of an IT platform or professional experience as a software developer
- Strong experience in cloud technologies and Kubernetes, and development processes and tools from build to deployment for cloud-based systems (terraform, helm)
- Professional experience in server administration and troubleshooting on Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, or CentOS)
- Very good experience with monitoring of system availability and trends (e.g., Prometheus, ELK, Pager Duty, etc.)
- Good to very good knowledge of the administration of Linux/Unix standard services (Apache, MySQL, Nginx, etc.)
- Good scripting skills in at least one programming language (e.g., PHP, Ruby, Python, or Perl)
- Proven experience with Bash
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g., Puppet, Opscode Chef, Ansible, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with VMware environment is a plus
- Strong DevOps mindset and service mentality
- Dedicated team player with great interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English.