(Senior) Database Administrator (m/f/d) – Wroclaw/Berlin/Hamburg
We are looking for a skilled and motivated (Senior) DBA (m/f/d) who will join our team in Poland (Wroclaw)/Germany (Hamburg/Berlin). The ideal candidates will be flexible, enthusiastic, and innovative with a very strong background on relational databases with at least 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Responsibility for the administration and operation of the DB environment supporting our mission critical systems (24x7)
- Design of future DB landscape and standards
- Lead projects within the area of responsibility and contribute to cross-functional projects
- Continuous improvement of current processes and systems, judging on new technologies
- Monitor DB performance and remove bottlenecks
- Resolve DB related issues reported by users
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Create and maintain online documentation for DB environment
- University degree in IT or comparable qualification
- Profound knowledge in MySQL or PostgreSQL RDBMS
- Experience in operating of multi-terabyte RDBMS
- Architectural skills, experience in planning HA and DR RDBMS installations
- Good SQL knowledge
- Experience with private and/or public cloud environments
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- EU work permit
Nice to have:
- Experience in gaming industry
- Experience in public cloud environments
- Experience in Linux and/or windows operations
- Knowledge of MSSQL, NoSQL DBs (Cassandra preferred)
- Experience in DevOps practice, Kanban and Scrum
What we offer
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- A fun and lively work environment in an energetic gaming company
- A team of passionate colleagues
- Regular company parties and team events
- A competitive salary
- Relocation Support
The gamigo group is one of the leading publishers of online games in Europe and North America and focuses on publishing, operating and support of online and mobile games.
Counting over 300 employees in Germany, Poland, South Korea and USA, gamigo is one of the most important players in the gaming industry.
The gamigo group currently has a portfolio consisting of over 25 massively multiplayer online games and more than 5.000 casual games. The game selection includes first-person shooters, fantasy RPGs, building-strategy games, mobile- and casual-games.
Since the company’s founding in 2000, this diverse portfolio has been build-up through company acquisitions, purchasing of game licenses as well as worldwide publishing rights.
Part of the gamigo group are gamigo AG, gamigo Publishing GmbH, Aeria Games GmbH, gamigo Portals GmbH, gamigo US Inc., gamigo Inc. and Kings Isle Entertainment Inc.