(Senior) Game Balancer (all genders)
We are convinced that only the best people will create the best products and drive a company towards success. We believe that teamwork, expertise and bringing different perspectives together are the heart and soul of game development. Conquer the gaming world collectively with the greatest colleagues and the most exciting company around - become a part of our family, apply now!
As (Senior) Game Balancer (all genders), you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our big legacy games Goodgame Empire, Empire: Four Kingdoms, and Big Farm. High targets motivate you and help you to develop innovative ideas for new and old features, always striving to bring our players the best gaming experience while balancing business needs. You will work together with our development team to find smart solutions to integrate your ideas into our games. Your initiative, strong communication skills and assertiveness help you to achieve success.
- You follow your instinct and use the given freedom to design and maintain features and gameplay systems that make the difference
- You maximize engagement while ensuring monetization and retention
- You analyze the game economy and develop solutions to ensure we hit our target KPIs based on data and user feedback
- You use your own best-in class methodology for design/balance processes and toolset
- You keep updated on trends and transfer successful game mechanics and systems from seemingly different game genres
- Several years experience in the design of MMO free-to-play games, with a focus on game balancing
- University degree in a relevant field (game design, math, psychology) is a plus
- Very good knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets or similar
- High ability to understand player’s motivations and merge them with business needs to design powerful MMO features
- A love and passion for a wide variety of game genres
- Very good written and spoken English
SOUNDS GREAT? MORE REASONS TO TAKE THIS MISSION
- You have full flexibility: Work remotely or come and work from our modern office in Hamburg with roof terrace, cafeteria, common rooms, gaming and lounging etc. or take a lap in the swimming pool on our beautiful campus
- You join a supportive team in a pragmatic, yet challenging environment, flat hierarchies and state of the art technologies
- You will get the chance to work with multidisciplinary and experienced colleagues from the entire production lifecycle
- You will experience a culture of continuous development and learning opportunities
- You won't ever have to be hungry again. There are fresh fruits, snacks and drinks available at the office
The safety of our employees and everyone else is of utmost importance to us which is why you will experience a solely virtual recruiting process. We are happy to receive your application in English! #Stayhome #Stayhealthy
Your contact person for this job offer is Margarita Kwindt.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 500 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront AB in 2018. Stillfront AB is a group of independent creators, publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of game creators and publishers.
Theodorstr. 42-90, House 9