Systems Designer (f/m/d)
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit.
We are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can´t wait to tell their friends about.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Would you like to leave a mark in the landscape of games while working in a fast-paced and hyper-creative environment and with people who are passionate to create an awesome game experience together?
We are seeking a talented and experienced Systems Designer who loves working in interdisciplinary teams to join the talented team behind The Cycle, a F2P first-person high-stakes PvPvE shooter.
As a Systems Designer, you will work with us on building, balancing, and enhancing our meta- and monetization systems within our player-interest-first strategy. You will work closely with the Lead Game Designer and the Creative Director and will bring your systems design experience and game monetization expertise to the table.
- Drive the design and balancing of the in-game economy and progression systems to support our compelling core gameplay
- Promote a holistic monetization strategy with the goal of improving retention and increasing in-game revenue, while respecting the player experience
- Design meta retention systems and monetization mechanics/systems that are in-line with the game's vision
- Maximize the performance of in-game shop and virtual currency packages, both in terms of content and pricing
- Take ownership of the performance of these systems throughout all development phases and after release
- Work closely with business intelligence in analyzing the performance of systems and create plans and designs for further development
- Solicit feedback from, and provide feedback and mentoring to, other designers and developers, especially regarding meta and monetisation systems
- Keep track of emerging Free 2 Play and monetization trends
YOUR SKILL TREE
- 2+ years of industry experience contributed to at least 1 shipped title for the target audience
- Can create easily maintainable excel sheets for balancing of game content and economies
- Passionate player of Shooters, MOBAs, RPGs, Multiplayer Games
- Capability to design iteratively
- Open-minded and actively seeks out and incorporates constructive feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
READY FOR THE QUEST?
We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more.
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We offer a Company Ticket for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG)
- We´re dog friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends.
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences.
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more!
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more!
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office!
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse?team will outperform the sum of its parts.
We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry.
Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.