3D Environment Game Artist
As a 3D Environment Game Artist you will take part in the production of one of our most successful titles by creating all essential 3D assets for the success of the game. Be a driving force in a highly motivated team, which strives for excellence. We are enthusiastic about what we do and we have fun doing it.
- Craft world class 3D models. Convert and interpret excellent and highly detailed 2D concepts into textured 3D models: Create lightings and renderings; integrate high & low poly meshes in a PBR pipeline, map UVs, texture and bake.
- Contribute. Create high-quality 3D assets like buildings and props with a wide variety of architectural styles and ages. Deliver creative ideas to a living game and improve the art style.
- Collaborate. Work cooperatively within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and report to our Team Lead Art.
- Organize. Plan and estimate times for your own tasks, and coordinate/communicate with our external partners. Make sure that outsourcing partners understand internal concepts and art style.
Your skill set:
- 3D focus. You offer 3D modeling skills as well as the understanding of technical constraints and their integration when modeling. A big plus is first experience with the PBR workflow and handpainting.
- Hands-on experience. You can showcase your professional experience (min. 1 year, ideally in the games industry) based on an impressive and outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating the expertise in creating 3D assets for environments and architecture.
- Passion. You are passionate about working on a live game and striving for optimization of art style. You have a professional eye for detail, shapes, proportions, composition, textures, colors and lighting.
- Tools. You have excellent knowledge of a 3D package (ideally 3ds Max, Zbrush & Substance Painter) as well as Photoshop.
- Team Player. You have excellent team and communication skills and the willingness to work iteratively in a collaborative environment.
- Theoretical background. You have a degree in graphic design, communication design, or a comparable experience.
- Career opportunities. Level up your career with excellent development opportunities such as "InnoVersity" trainings, internal workshops, life drawing sessions, mentoring, and peer support.
- Team of specialists. Shape the success story of InnoGames and be a part of our international team of professionals in a stable growing company and award-winning employer.
- Outstanding benefits. Get competitive compensation as well as 28 vacation days, a sabbatical, mobile device, contribution to your public transport ticket, and more.
- Flexible working hours. We offer trust-based working hours and active breaks - play table tennis with your team, work out in our gym or go to our rooftop terrace to get some fresh air.
- Hybrid Working Model. We offer our colleagues the flexibility to choose between working from home and our modern offices in central Hamburg. With regular times planned together in the office, we keep up our unique InnoGames spirit!
- Solution orientation. We are offering an atmosphere to empower creative thinking and strong results.
- Team events. Participate in regular team events (e.g., escape room games, cooking, virtual wine tasting), barbecue together on our rooftop terrace, and enjoy regular company-get-togethers.
- Food & drinks. We offer free drinks and fresh fruit to contribute to your health and well-being; enjoy the meals delivered by our in-house canteen or cook on your own in one of our employee kitchens.
- Relocation assistance. If you are interested in relocating to Hamburg, we will help you relocate to Hamburg regarding all the needed resources.
- Comfy offices. Learn more about our charms and benefits in our virtual office tour.
Hamburg-based InnoGames is Germany's leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games and a certified Great Place to Work®. The climate-neutral company, which is part of Modern Times Group (MTG), was established in 2003 and is still run by its founders. Together with a 400+ strong team from over 40 nations they create unique games that provide millions of players from around the world with years of fun.
While InnoGames is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars, the company is continuously expanding its portfolio across genres and platforms. The most recent additions are Rise of Cultures and Sunrise Village, which saw successful commercial launches in early 2022.
In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a 3D Environment Game Artist? We look forward to receiving your application as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Isabella Dettlaff would be happy to answer any questions you may have.