Working Student* Development
Karlsruhe | hybrid working | full-/part-time | from now
We are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
The Platform Team develops and maintains a sizeable chunk of the backend services responsible for steering, streamlining and integrating the operations and communication that happens between our partners, the Gameforge Client and our users. API development with focus on performance, stability, interoperability and reliability is our forte.
If you are interested in getting hands-on experience in developing scalable and effective API-driven microservices - then a position as a Working Student* on the Platform team is for you. You will contribute in the refactoring of APIs, help bring some new ones to production, all the while learning important lessons about what works and what doesn't when building microservices.
Please submit your application in English.
- You assist the Platform team with code writing
- You help bringing more ways to test our services to fruition - unit tests, integration tests, system tests, the list goes on
- You learn about the various processes that go together with the development of APIs in a clustered and orchestrated environment
- You help improve our Kubernertes cluster
- You evaluate and present findings on new software solutions (tooling, libraries, etc)
- You have JAVA knowledge on an adequate level
- You have basic knowledge of databases
- You have a good idea about microservices and APIs
- You can work with Ubuntu (or comparable distros)
- You’re open, communicative, and enjoy engaging with others
- You enjoy working in a team environment and are keen to learn more through practice
- You enjoy getting stuck in and want to support us in our daily business
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 25 nations are part of our team
- The future's hybrid! Together with your manager and team, you can arrange how you split your time working from home or at the office
- Enthusiasm is in our DNA! Each and every one of us shares a passion for play
Founded in 2003, Gameforge is a leading Western publisher and operator of widely acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) and Browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds highly active and enduring global communities by supporting players through the greatest quality LiveOps, provision of localized content, engaging community management, and frequent delivery of meaningful updates.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides different worlds with engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles Swords of Legends Online, AION, TERA, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword and NosTale, strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ikariam, along with other classic titles such as 4Story and Runes of Magic.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.