Joboffer dated from 04/12/2022
Senior Online Engineer (f/m/d)
Programmer: IT / Backend / Client / Web
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit.
We are passionate about creating online action games with rich world, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can´t wait to tell their friends about.
ABOUT THE ROLEWe are currently seeking a talented and passionate Senior Engineer - Online to support our team working on the online features for The Cycle: Frontier, a F2P multiplayer shooter packed with innovation. You will join in an exciting development phase and be part of an experienced team that has a lot to offer and encourages you to grow with us together!
The ideal candidate is a Game Engineer who has extensive experience working on live, online games with a strong dedication for making great games.
- Implement features and solutions, both on client and backend, covering our tech stack from UE4 communicating to Playfab and Azure infrastructure
- Write clean and maintainable C++ and C# code
- Research new technologies and tools that will help us run our live services with high availability and scalability
- Integrate platform services and SDKs, such as Steam, EGS, PSN and Xbox Live
- Support running a 24/7 live game, following On-call schedules and investigating live incidents
- Write technical specifications, technical design documents, and other relevant documentation
- Mentor junior and regular engineers, run technical interviews and own a significant part of our online infrastructure
YOUR SKILL TREE
- 6+ Years of experience working on live games, on PC, mobile and/or console platforms
- Experience implementing online services, such as In-app purchases, authentication, leaderboards, live events, Meta and progression, matchmaking and analytics
- Fluent in C++, C# (or similar languages)
- Experience working with backend technologies, either in-house or BaaS, in a serverless architecture
- Experience implementing game systems and features, such as UI and gameplay
- Experience with cloud infrastructure on any of the major providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud), including VPCs, SQL/NoSQL databases, and messaging/queue systems
- A passion for videogames, and a general understanding of the industry and game design principles
- Experience with Playfab, Azure functions, SignalR, Redis
- Experience with UE4, including UMG, Blueprints
- Experience with UE4 build system, and CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity or similar)
- Multiplayer game experience, including dedicated servers, UE4 replication and client prediction
- Experience with testing automation frameworks
READY FOR THE QUEST?We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more.
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We offer a Company Ticket for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG)
- We´re dog friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends.
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences.
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more!
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more!
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office!
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITYAt YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse?team will outperform the sum of its parts.
We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry.
Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.