Universe / Level Designer (m/f/x)
Egosoft, the creators of the popular X space simulation game series, are looking for a Universe / Level Designer with extensive knowledge of our games to work with us on the future of the X series.
As a Universe / Level Designer at Egosoft, you will create high-quality universe environments and map out their layout so that they function within the rules of our space sandbox / simulation game. This is done in close continuous coordination with the art and design teams.
You are confident in using the necessary tools and you strive for high standards. You document and share your progress as well as identify difficulties that arise, react in a solution-oriented manner and support your colleagues with advice and assistance.
This is a full-time position based in Würselen, Germany, and available immediately. Relocation assistance is offered.
- Able to proactively gather feedback from the entire team and translate it into your field of expertise
- Open to close-knit teamwork, both locally and online
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proactive and customer-oriented work approach
- Good communication skills
- Good time management and self-motivation skills
- Passionate about sci-fi, space and video games
- Extensive knowledge of X4: Foundations and / or previous games of the X series
- Ability to own and define the player experience, pacing and flow, while working on improving it in close continuous coordination with our artists and game designers
- Confident in using 3D Editing Tools
- Experience with XML file structures
- Good understanding of light and composition, as well as scene optimization
- Ability to communicate an artistic vision
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in Level Design
- Previous experience in Game Design
- Experience with concepting
- Experience with game object scripting
- Experience with planning and documentation software (Jira / Confluence)
Egosoft is one of the most long-standing companies in the German games industry. As a fully independent company, we have been focusing on the development of the X game series (space simulation / sandbox) for over 20 years. Our international team enjoys direct lines of communication, flat hierarchies, employee-friendly working conditions, a high degree of flexibility and competitive salaries. In a familial environment, we rely on teamwork to achieve our common goals.
Located in the vibrant Meuse-Rhine Euroregion, the company location benefits from a fascinating, cross-border European diversity and an associated high quality of life - regardless of whether you ultimately want to live in Germany, the Netherlands or Belgium.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, including your salary expectations, to email@example.com. Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants.