At Paladin, we want to create games that make you smile. Our goal is to create high-quality, wholesome games that have a positive impact on people. Now, Paladin is looking for a Technical Designer. Your responsibility is to design and prototype new ideas. You have a knack for game feel, and know how to polish the gameplay experience. Within the team you bridge design and tech, ensuring a well-oiled, tight-knit and highly productive team.
- Design, script, rapidly prototype, iterate, validate, and improve game systems to create amazing gaming experiences
- Bridging the gap between tech and design and work closely together to solve creative problems
- Owning the game feel, ensuring an excellent gameplay experience
- Support designers and artists with robust content creation tools
- Proactively identify redundancies and opportunities to improve workflows, in-game performance, systems that can be promoted into code, and the overall quality of the game
What we are looking for:
- The ability to work with a problem solving mindset, proactively finding solutions to systems, gameplay, and workflow issues
- Excellent understanding of the technical and creative game design process
- Passion for making mechanics and systems feel good
- Experience with prototyping beyond game jams and in multiple genres
- Being able to have an objective and reflective view on both your own and your teams work
- Experience with Unity
What could help:
- Physics based game experience
- Multiplayer game development experience
- Experience working with existing IP
- Creativity and imagination
- Strong Communicator: You talk the language of multiple disciplines and can easily translate ideas for others to understand
- Creativity: You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions or implement those from someone else
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for your own actions and sharing those of your colleagues
- Flexibility: Adapting to reach a certain goal
- Initiative: Recognizing and creating opportunities
- Proactive and action-orientated work process with at least one developed title shipped
- Great interpersonal skills
- A strong passion for making games
- Experience with design and prototyping
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are willing & able to work at our basecamp in The Hague when required
Are you qualified?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- Competitive salary, a pension plan and other benefits
- Remote work possibilities & flexible hours
- Relocation support
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
Our take on the post-Covid work situation
We value our team spirit, a healthy work life balance and company culture. This is why we adopted a hybrid structure that allows us to work from home and in the studio. This is why we would like you to be able to come into the studio every once in a while. We will offer support during the relocation proces.
If you prefer to work remote, we are open to finding a way to make that work. However, we prefer candidates to be roughly in the same time zone to ensure in sync work routines with the rest of the team.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Cut The Rope Remastered - A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! - Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form.
Saturnusstraat 60, Unit 76
2516 XZ Den Haag