Lead Programmer (project)
The lead programmer we’re looking for has the technical vision of the game and is responsible for its technical success. The lead is the main point of contact for the discipline on the project and has a solid understanding of game programming in order to drive decisions.
We’re looking for someone with excellent people skills. The lead programmer champions good development practices and inspires others. You have a good understanding of each developer's strengths and weaknesses in order for them to excel and support programmers in their growth.
- Owns the game project’s technical vision and responsible for its technical success
- Responsible for the game’s technical stability, scalability, performance and maintainability. Determining the right balance between speed and quality for each project phase.
- Work closely with production and leads of other disciplines
- Coordinate planning to ensure technology plans are robust and communicated to stakeholders, reporting progress both internally and externally.
- Support the growth of the project’s programmer team on a technical level, through mentoring team members, giving feedback, setting expectations and delegating
- Solving technical bottlenecks and performing risk mitigation
- Evaluate processes and adjusting where necessary
- Collaborate with other senior engineers across the company to promote cross-project knowledge and code sharing
What we are looking for:
- Experience leading a project or mentoring a team
- Excellent programming skills with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Deep knowledge of Unity game development and a strong understanding of the game development process
- Strong understanding of people management and performance management
- You read, write and speak excellent English
What could help:
- A people focused mindset
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with mobile development (Android/iOS) and/or console development and experience with platform certification processes
- Experience in game architecture
- Being able to improve upon development coding processes and practice
- Skilled in time management with an eye for efficiency and necessity
- Insight: Deconstructing complex situations in order to obtain and share a complete picture regarding growth for both the team and the discipline
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for your own actions and those of your colleagues
- Flexibility: Adapting to reach a certain goal
- Initiative: Recognizing and creating opportunities
- You have a strong passion for making games
- You have a lot of experience with game development in Unity C# (Gameplay, GUI, Tools programming)
- You have previous commercial experience in a game studio and / or commercial experience working in a development team around 20-25 people
- You are able to work 32-40 hours per week
- You are willing & able to work at our basecamp in The Hague when required
Are you qualified?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- Competitive salary, a pension plan and other benefits
- Remote work possibilities & flexible hours
- Relocation support
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
Our take on the post-Covid work situation
We value our team spirit, a healthy work life balance and company culture. This is why we adopted a hybrid structure that allows us to work from home and in the studio. This is why we would like you to be able to come into the studio every once in a while. We will offer support during the relocation proces.
If you prefer to work remote, we are open to finding a way to make that work. However, we prefer candidates to be roughly in the same time zone to ensure in sync work routines with the rest of the team.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Cut The Rope Remastered - A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! - Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form.
Saturnusstraat 60, Unit 76
2516 XZ Den Haag