As an all-round 3D artist you create characters, environment assets and props for our games. You translate concept art to 3D models that are tangible and full of life. You continuously apply clever solutions to get the most out of the restrictions that come with 3D game development.
- Deliver 3D models that fit with the game’s design and concept art
- Implementation of 3D assets in Unity
- Create assets that are setup in a non-destructive and highly iterative way
- Create textures, and other supporting assets that enhance the game's 3D visuals
- Work with your art discipline to improve the quality and processes
- Proactively provide and ask feedback from your colleagues
- Work in an organized way according to the company best practices
What we are looking for:
- Modeling, unwrapping and texturing of 3D models
- Eye for depth, volume, proportions, color, silhouette and readability
- Able to create textures in a wide variety of styles and techniques
- Knowledge of edge flow and deformation for skinned characters
- Knowledge of low-poly hard surface modeling techniques
- Experience with GitHub repositories
What could help:
- Excelling in non destructive workflows
- Knowledge of 3D rigging/animation
- Effect creation using Unity’s Effect tools
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with lighting in Unity
- Able to work with Blender is a plus.
- Being able to make special effects in Unity is a plus.
- Creativity: You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions and adopt out of the box points of view.
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your own actions, those of colleagues and the organization and stimulate others to do the same
- Flexibility: You have the ability to change your behavioral style and/or views in order to reach a certain goal.
- Initiative: You have the ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. Rather starting something than waiting passively for it to happen.
- You are experienced in working with Unity’s game art pipeline
- You are comfortable with using Unity, Autodesk Maya, and Adobe Photoshop
- You read, write and speak excellent English
- You are able to work 32-40 hours per week
Are you qualified?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- Competitive salary, a pension plan and other benefits
- Remote work possibilities & flexible hours
- Relocation support
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
Our take on the post-Covid work situation
We value our team spirit, a healthy work life balance and company culture. This is why we adopted a hybrid structure that allows us to work from home and in the studio. This is why we would like you to be able to come into the studio every once in a while. We will offer support during the relocation proces.
If you prefer to work remote, we are open to finding a way to make that work. However, we prefer candidates to be roughly in the same time zone to ensure in sync work routines with the rest of the team.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Cut The Rope Remastered - A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! - Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form.
Saturnusstraat 60, Unit 76
2516 XZ Den Haag