Senior Producer (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for a Senior Producer to work on our upcoming projects with Unreal Engine.
You will be responsible for the management of one or more core aspects of the projects, working collaboratively with team leads and other producers for building roadmaps for features, identifying key success criteria, dependencies, risks, implementing / improving cross-functional workflows, troubleshooting communication, and helping teams deliver on time and in quality.
You will have frequent interaction with a multidisciplinary team composed of leads, testing teams, other producers, and outsourcers as needed.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to learn, analyze, change and implement; professional in an ever-friendly manner, open-minded to understand and adapt; pragmatic to push the boundaries; and ambitious to want more out of their projects, the teams, and themselves.
- Taking ownership of specific large areas of the game
- Ensuring development methodology and creative visions are aligned and maintained or improved
- Managing the project’s roadmap (preparing and tracking schedules, identifying risks and opportunities, prioritizing and following up on deliverables)
- Making sure communication flows on time and on target
- Converting short and long-term development plans into concrete actions for all functions – artistic, design, technical and QA with relevant team leads and producers
- Implementing and improving production pipelines, design, and communication techniques, making sure these processes are followed up on time
- Helping coordinate across the development teams and supporting other non-game development endeavors such as play-testing sessions, interviews, key asset provision etc.
- Helping liaise with external parties when needed
- Participating in leadership activities and meetings with other producers and leads to define improvements and objectives
Reporting directly to the Development Director.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Producer or similar title
- Having shipped at least 2 premium / AAA products from initial conception to release
- Outstanding group-communication skills with proven ability to work within a team in English
- Proactive project and people management skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Passion for video games and quality with an eye on the “big picture”
- Having a servant-leader mindset
- Experience in documentation and communication workflows
- Being a relentless self-starter with ability to motivate others to get results
- Acting as an organized center of information with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Agile or Waterfall development methodologies and tools
- Keen ability to prioritize tasks and issues in relation to goals and constraints
- Strong command of MS Office products
- Experience in complex action games
- Working know-how of the Unreal engine
- Know-how on major pipelines of development like localization, facial animation, and large gameplay or technical systems
- Hands-on experience with Confluence, Kanban boards, and common bug trackers
- Experience in automating project reporting
- Ability to work towards deadlines under changing conditions
- Understanding of a programming language or design best practices
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee and drinks
- Fitness area in the studio
- Free German language classes
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
And the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is always welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and have a hand in shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us, but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.