Joboffer dated from 05/10/2022
Game Server Engineer (m/f/d)
Programmer: Game Developer
THE HERO (M/F/D) WE ARE LOOKING FOR:We are looking for an experienced Game Server Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team to be located in Berlin/Hamburg/Darmstadt or Remotely (in Germany).
The Game Server Engineer (m/f/d) is responsible for analyzing, developing, and evaluating large-scale, complex online applications and backends systems for our mobile games. This person will design systems and develop the code to support the mobile games. The Game Server Engineer (m/f/d) has a broad knowledge of software engineering sciences, cloud-based systems and follows international engineering trends and technologies.
- Design, implement well-engineered, secure, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free API’s, applications and systems ( Select suitable frameworks and programming languages for the task)
- Collaborate with studio leadership, producers, technical leads and support staff to maintain existing features and implement support for new game features.
- Build sustaining systems, suggesting new ideas, concepts, and provide feedback
- Architect, design, develop and document technical coding
- Integrate existing client/server systems with 3rd party platforms
- Identify technical, security and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions
- Follow best practices, processes, and systems standards
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years engineering experience developing RESTful API’s and backend servers to support client applications, especially mobile applications
- Familiarity with AWS or Google cloud-based services and engineering development including CI/CD practices
- Expert in C# .Net core
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask across disciplines, access risk, define priorities, and resolve problems while meeting deadlines
- Excellent critical and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining backend systems to support games, especially mobile games
- Experience working with cryptography and securing systems outside of trusted networks
- Knowledge and experience of ASP.NET, SQL, node.js and Python
- Knowledge of containers (eg. Docker) and Kubernetes
- Written and verbal German communication skills
- Multiple company benefits to choose from, in a Cafeteria system, that match your personal lifestyle: subsidization of the public transportation card/bike lease/internet bill/gym subscriptions/fresh food delivered at home and many more!
- Flexible work times with the possibility to work from home. You earned it!
- A very international team of like-minded geeky colleagues from over 30 nations, who share the same passion: gaming!
- Learn German or improve your English with our online German/English classes!
- Regular company parties and team events. The fun never stops!
- Great opportunities and a challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally in a fun and lively work environment. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Oh and did we mention, that you can bring your dog to work? Good boys & girls are always welcome! :)
You can reach our recruiters for further questions under firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Recruiting Manager