Software Project Manager*
Karlsruhe | hybrid working | full-time | from now
We are one of the leading publishers of free-to-play-online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
Would you like to work in a team of project managers sharing a passion for gaming? We are managing all software projects for our games and internal applications. As Project Manager, you assume ownership of software projects assigned to you including planning, execution, controlling and finishing. To fulfil these tasks, you are highly organized, enthusiastic, have excellent communication skills and a proven record of success of at least 3 years in project management, ideally gaming related.
Please submit your application in English.
- You coordinate non-agile and agile project teams for the flawless execution of assigned projects in time and budget over the full lifecycle from “Concept” to “Release”
- You gather requirements for work effort from project stakeholders alongside technical feasibility and create project plans.
- You track progress and communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers throughout the whole production process
- You also capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes, if applicable
- You assist with planning for follow-on projects, facilitate reviews between stakeholders and team members and document any learnings in the post-production phase to improve best practices for the department and company
- You have a good knowledge of leading technical teams and you are technical orientated.
- You have aquired expertise in the use of project management methodologies (e.g. Waterfall/Kanban/Scrum) and tools like MS Project, JIRA and Confluence as well as resource management practices and change management techniques
- You have outstanding skills in the areas of communication, relationship-building and problem-solving
- Ideally, you own a relevant Project Management Certification
- You’re good at receiving constructive feedback and feel comfortable giving it too
- You like working in a team and want to bring you and your abilities to the fore
- You keep a cool head and can easily adjust to changing situations and modify existing processes
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 25 nations are part of our team
- The future's hybrid! Together with your manager and team, you can arrange how you split your time working from home or at the office
- We support your personal and professional development! Language courses, teambuilding activities, seminars and more
- Where colleagues become friends! Regular team events and an open company culture
- We put our complete trust in you! Through freedom to choose things like flexible assignment of working hours and personal responsibility for your own work
Founded in 2003, Gameforge is a leading Western publisher and operator of widely acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) and Browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds highly active and enduring global communities by supporting players through the greatest quality LiveOps, provision of localized content, engaging community management, and frequent delivery of meaningful updates.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides different worlds with engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles Swords of Legends Online, AION, TERA, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword and NosTale, strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ikariam, along with other classic titles such as 4Story and Runes of Magic.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.