In-House Translator* German-English
Karlsruhe | hybrid working | full-time | from now
We are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
Our international localization department is specialised in the translation of online games. 16 million words are translated into up to 40 different target languages every year.
You have an eye for detail and a pronounced feeling for language? Then help us bring great games to our gaming community in excellent English language quality.
- You translate our online games into English
- You create guidelines for translation and maintain our terminology database
- You provide feedback for external translators
- You are a point of contact for questions regarding the English language
- You have a degree in translation, German studies or similar
- Your native language is English and you have excellent knowledge of German
- You have experience with CAT tools, preferably memoQ
- You love computer games and creative writing
- You put yourself at the heart of the team and place great importance in a good working environment
- You understand how to prioritise and can easily structure your working day
- You encourage both yourself and others with your infectious enthusiasm and don’t let obstacles get in your way
Your Gameforge setting
- When it comes to food, we’ve got you covered. Free breakfast and a selection of lunches every day. Plus Thursday is cake day (no lie!)
- Where colleagues become friends! Regular team events and an open company culture
- We’re easy to reach! Great location, easily reachable on foot, by bike, bus, tram or car
Founded in 2002, Gameforge is a leading Western publisher and operator of widely acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) and Browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds highly active and enduring global communities by supporting players through the greatest quality LiveOps, provision of localized content, engaging community management, and frequent delivery of meaningful updates.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides different worlds with engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles Swords of Legends Online, AION, TERA, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword and NosTale, strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ikariam, along with other classic titles such as 4Story and Runes of Magic.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.