AI Programmer (Unreal Engine) (m/f/d)
Claymore Game Studios
We are currently looking for a AI Programmer (Unreal Engine) (m/f/d) to support our new project based on the Commandos franchise.
Claymore Game Studios are located in Darmstadt close to the Frankfurt-Rhine-Main area. We are working on the next installment of the internationally acclaimed Commandos franchise for PC and the latest generation of consoles.
We are looking for passionate developers to join our team and actively define the future of one of the most iconic series in tactical strategy gaming.
- A lively, creative and open atmosphere in a growing company
- Freedom to develop your own ideas and initiatives
- Exciting tasks, teamwork and short decision-making processes
- Responsible work in a constantly evolving industry
- Vitamins, caffeine&drinks: fresh fruit, soft drinks, coffee and tea are freely available
- Premium fitness: work out in a gym next door with a reduced membership fee for employees
- Alternatives for car drivers: travel allowance or parking space available
- Fast food or healthy meal? A wide range of food options for your lunch are available nearby - and we pay part of the costs!
- Prepare for the future: you can continue an existing company pension scheme or apply for a new one by converting your salary.
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid workplace model (home office & office)
- Re-location? No problem - we can help you to find your accommodation
- At least 3 years of experience within the games industry
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine and its AI systems
- Good programming skills in C++
- Work closely with Art and Design to bring ideas and new gameplay features to life
- Review gameplay feature specifications and provide AI-specific insights
- Develop, extend and maintain AI behavioral and navigational systems
- Create exciting and believable player and AI characters
- Optimize code for performance, readability
- Take part in code reviews
- Write automated tests
Then we are looking forward to receiving your meaningful application with cover letter, resume and references.
We put a lot of emphasis on a cover letter. Don't see it as a chore, but as an extra chance to show who you are/tell us more about yourself.