Lead Game Designer (f/m/d)
HandyGames™ is part of the THQ Nordic and Embracer Group family and operates as an international publisher for small and mid-sized projects and developers for a worldwide audience.
Are you looking for a challenging job in the games industry and an attractive work environment? Do you want to use your creativity and design talent to create games that are played by people all over the world? Then contribute to the success of HandyGames™ and take the chance to work for one of the most successful German game developers and publishers! We are looking for a Lead Game Designer (f/m/d) for our headquarters in Giebelstadt.
You will lead the game design team and work closely with artists, sound designers, programmers, and producers. You will guide the game design team from the conception of the next Townsmen to its successful release on various platforms. You understand how to pass on your experience and knowledge to other designers. You will manage the creation and maintenance of the necessary documentation, such as the game design document.
Within the game project, you will mainly work with Unity 2D/3D, as well as self-made tools and plugins.
Your creative input and expertise will help us take the Townsmen brand to the next level.
What we are looking for:
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience in game development.
- You have the player in mind, you are able to create a game design that delivers a unique experience and you know how to take an existing brand further with the right amount of innovation.
- You know prototyping (both digital and paper) and can advance and track this workflow with the team.
- As part of effective communication with the team, you participate in meetings, discussions and planning.
- You are an outgoing team player and fit in well with an existing team.
- You have a high level of self-motivation, a sense of responsibility, and always have the desire for growth.
- You are good at conflict management.
- You are fluent in German and English, both written and spoken.
What we offer you:
- 40 hours per week thanks to Scrum
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of paid vacation
- A short and quick decision-making process due to flat hierarchies
- The opportunity to work with a team of experienced professional
- Modern workplaces with state-of-the-art technology
- Further training opportunities
- Amazing colleagues
- Company apartment upon request
i_Park Klingholz 13