(Senior) System Engineer (d/f/m) – Hamburg
THE HERO (D/F/M) WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a skilled and experienced (Senior) System Engineer (d/f/m) who will join our team in Hamburg.
The ideal candidates will be flexible, enthusiastic, and innovative with a very strong background in Linux/Windows Server environments, Network- and Cloud infrastructure with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Responsibility for the administration and operation of the on premise and cloud environment, corporate networking services, such as enterprise connectivity and supporting our mission critical systems.
- Lead projects within the area of responsibility and contribute to cross-functional projects
- Continuous improvement of current processes and systems
- Monitor server/VM performance and integrity
- Resolve issues that have been escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for server/cloud environment
- Continuous improvement of current processes and systems, judging on new technologies
- University degree in IT or comparable qualification
- Profound Knowledge in the area of enterprise virtualization (VMware) and server infrastructure and Linux/Windows server administration
- Experienced with public cloud infrastructure GCP & AWS
- Solid understanding of networking technologies/protocols (Firewalls, Switches, Wi-Fi, LAN/WAN, Routing)
- A thorough understanding of cloud strategies and operational considerations
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Scripting in Bash or Python
- Knowledge of containerization technologies
- Experience in network operating systems (Fortinet, Juniper)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, and highly available environment
- Multiple company benefits to choose from, in a Cafeteria system, that match your personal lifestyle: subsidization of the public transportation card/bike lease/internet bill/gym subscriptions/fresh food delivered at home and many more!
- Flexible work times with the possibility to work from home. You earned it!
- A very international team of like-minded geeky colleagues from over 30 nations, who share the same passion: gaming!
- Learn German or improve your English with our online German/English classes!
- Regular company parties and team events. The fun never stops!
- Great opportunities and a challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally in a fun and lively work environment. Satisfaction guaranteed!
You can reach our recruiters for further questions under email@example.com
ABOUT USThe gamigo group is one of the leading publishers of online games in Europe and North America and focuses on publishing, operating and support of online and mobile games.
Counting over 300 employees in Germany, Poland, South Korea and USA, gamigo is one of the most important players in the gaming industry.
The gamigo group currently has a portfolio consisting of over 25 massively multiplayer online games and more than 5.000 casual games. The game selection includes first-person shooters, fantasy RPGs, building-strategy games, mobile- and casual-games.
Since the company’s founding in 2000, this diverse portfolio has been build-up through company acquisitions, purchasing of game licenses as well as worldwide publishing rights.
Part of the gamigo group are gamigo AG, gamigo Publishing GmbH, Aeria Games GmbH, gamigo Portals GmbH, gamigo US Inc., gamigo Inc. and Kings Isle Entertainment Inc.
The gamigo group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different.
We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products and our communities.